I work 40~50hrs a week and make money so that I can eat, pay back my debt, and do whatever else I deem important. Our government takes a huge chunk of it away so they can spend it on what they consider important - roads, schools, helping people with problems, etc. I understand the need for taxes and I support it since we all benefit from it. But when this money is spend to build tanks for such stupid use (as in the video below) I feel they're crossing the line. If this is our way of spreading democracy and making our country safer I'm at a loss - how does this help stabilize Iraq and lower the number of terrorists and insurgents?
I doubt that this is what our government wants happening, but since these are our own country men doing this I think our government needs to crack down on mal-doings that may jeopardize all the efforts that have been put into Iraq. Further more the uncultured and arrogant soldiers (the many few of them) need some serious learning on how to behave in certain countries before they enter. They represent the entire country and their actions will help make other respect the US or help breed more hatred. Seriously, this stuff concerns me. And if anybody thinks that this is just one happening then lets think again. I can think of many of such inadequate punishments that have surfaces in the press...please think of whom your voting for and their position toward foreign policy. We live in a global socio economical society in which the lone cowboy attitude will only lead to negative consequences.
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment