Tuesday, December 06, 2005

News and news

So things change....Right when I was getting into this hopeless mode, not thinking that I'll ever be able to find a job, things changed rapidly. I found a job at CIMA Labs, which is located in Eden Prairie in the suburbs of Minneapolis. Sadly its the 3rd shift = grave yard shift that I'll be workin, but so far its been alright. I just feel like I'm missing out on a lot of sun time. Anyways, I just started so there isn't all that much I can say about this position, but for right now lets just say that I'm their new QA auditor. I'm basically there to make sure that the product coming out of production is of good quality...There is a lot more to it but whatever, you don't care ;)

Otherwise this last weekend was a hella fun time. I was in burnsville at a LAN party - there were about 150 people there with their computers playing all sorts of games. The main games that I saw were CS:S, CS:CZ, CS:1.6, BF2, and HALO1 &2. There were some nice people that I met as well as some power tripping admins (sorry, not some but one), but for the most part it was awesome. Jeff, Brandon and I got there around 11:30am and stayed till 8am the next day...And yes, we played cs:s all the time ;) Here is a pic of the event! It was great and I would recommend going to the next one which will be on the first weekend of Jan '06 (planned at least).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the job search finally paid off! I hope you enjoy it and it pays well, at least at this point in your life. As for CS, I saw this show on MTV about a women's professional gaming team from the U.S. that won an international tournament playing C.S. They won over $10K, so I guess if the chemistry thing doesnt work out, you can always fall back on your video gaming career! Later dude, take care!

-Dan

T-Mu said...

I got owned at the last LAN session. As nice as the idea may seem, I don't think that I'll be able to compete against those hardcore gamers in the world...would have been sweet though!

-Thomas