Monday, December 19, 2005

Sun Dog

This morning after working my ass off and right before going to bed (ok, I didn't have all that much work to accomplish nor was I going to bed - I was going to play some CSS) Jan came and told me to look outside. Lilia had just called telling him that you can see parhelia, otherwise known as sun dog, going on. So I run out, take the car and drive to a suitable place to take the picture...And this is what I got out of it. Its a really nice sun rise with 3 suns coming up - two of them being refraction as described here. If the weather is cold (as in -6F or -18C or whatever) go outside in the morning and you may be "blessed" by this natural phenomenon. And no, there was no God involved. But you can believe in whatever you want ;).

1 comment:

Greg Tatum said...

IT'S THE FATHER SON AND HOLY GHOST, ZOMG!

Haha, just kidding. Nice photo, that would be awesome to see. Now it just needs to be shown on APOD.