Alright, so here is my current job standings:
1) About 5 weeks ago I was informed that CIMA won't extend my contract due to certain issues unrelated to me - I can't go into further detail due to company policies, sorry 'bout that. So I started looking for a new job; told my supervisor at aerotek to start looking around for me cause I'll be jobless soon.
2) I get a call from him after 2 weeks saying that he won't need to look, because CIMAs thinking of hiring me. My supervisor at CIMA regrets to say that this information he gave me is false.
3) I get a call around the same time and same day as 2) from Pace Analytical. Pace Analytical is looking to have me go in for an interview at 3M. I would be working at 3M but as a Pace Analytical full-time. Pay is a buck less and though they claim that health care is included, it currently looks as if I will have to deduct it from my wonderfully low pay. Oh well, as long as I have the job.
4) I go do the interview, take a test and am informed the next day that I did great and got the job. Awesome, now I get to call Joel at Aerotek and tell him that I'm going to his competition. As expected he feels betrayed and I explain that I had to since he was incapable to getting me anything in the 2 weeks I gave him (usually it takes around 1 week if not less). Joel tells me he could have gotten me a place at 3M for 18 bucks an hour...WTF! Great, good job letting me know about it after I get a cheap position there already. I say sorry and go for the pace job anyways.
5) A week ago my supervisor at CIMA comes up to me and tells me that they have changed plans and are hoping that I would apply for a full-time position as a QA auditor. Ha! Right! After going through all this circus and getting my mind set on going back into the lab to do chem stuff I get this offer....OBVIOUSLY I rejected it. Anyways, I'm gonna leave my resume here in case I get in some bad situation or whatever. I think they like me and see me as a good worker.
So yeah, that's about it. I'm going to start working for the pharmaceutical formulations lab at 3M this coming Monday (20. Feb.06). Though I have to drive 1h20min everyday I'm looking forward to obtaining some new experiences and also getting to know some cool people. The next year ~ 2 years will be a bi*ch given the lower pay and longer drive. But hopefully this experience will help me get a better job at 3M or whatever other company...And I'm still hoping to get accepted at Dyneon 3M as a tech-services guy (nothing to do with computers...Well, hardly).
Otherwise I'm doing pretty swell. I was down in Northfield this weekend visiting Erin, Christian, Matt and Chris (ordered by the sequence in time). It was great to be back down there and even better to see all of them. I need to visit them a lot more! Funny though was that I bumped into the girl I was talking about in one of the earlier blog messages...Did I say anything to her? - NO! Why? - Because I'm too shy when it comes to people I'm sort of interested in. Meh, I'm sure I'll see her again...Maybe then.
Oh, and speaking of Olaf - this girl, Kelly Underkofler, that was in my art of music class is in the paralympics (btw. She is way beautiful - I'm sure Isaac can vouch for that). I don't know why, but I'm really excited for her (and NOT in a sexual way)! I don't know if they're showing it on TV, but if they are I'll round up a bunch of oles and cheer for her. Hope she has a great time in Italy while slave my ass of for 14 bucks an hour ;)
I guess this update got a little long, so hats off to you if you made it through. Otherwise...Well, you wouldn't be reading this so whatever...I like ur mom...Just kidding!
Monday, February 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
hey thomas,
wow...you have had an up and down job search it sounds like. hope everything works out at 3M...let me know how it goes.
not much going on here in japan. oh, wait...i got a speeding ticket. it is a whopping $800!!!!!!! AND i have to go to traffic school. bummer. oh, and i'm going to mongolia on a habitat for humanity trip during the beginning of may.
i'll post soon dude,
isaac
wow, that sucks!! You must have been going 100mph at a 10mph area...or going 5mph too fast in Japan.
Mongolia?? Mongolia? why??? Just about now,I was just thinking that my life was boring and that there wasn't enough excitement...and you are going to Mongolia?? I'll post a picture of a Mongolian girl I got to know in Germany. I know that you're dating Ashley, but if all girls are like this girl I'm talking about...you'll be in for a ride!
I'm way jealous!
- Thomas
Good luck with your new job man :) That sounds like a bitch to drive that long in the car, I'd get an apartment there. I can't stand being in the ar for so long.
I love my car...but yeah, I'm more concerned about the waste of gas and the $$ that I'll be paying for it. Oh well, its worth the experience I guess.
Post a Comment