Well, here it is...The update you've been waiting for - or not? Well, whether you want or not, here it is anyways.
I've been working at 3M for about three weeks. When I started I was only aware that I'ld be working in the pharmaceutical department - as a contract worker. Well, it turns out that I'm working in the formulations department. Basically we receive an active ingredient and try it out with a bunch of other excipients to see what works best. But contrary to what I had hoped there isn't much HPLC, LCMS type stuff or whatever else your crazy fantasy can dream of. For right now, I'm pretty happy though. My colleagues are real nice and the work not all that bad...though time consuming and tiring. One of the supervisors is a olaf alum and my direct supervisor is a really nice lady - though she does expect quite a bit. The job is especially interesting because I get to be part of a team working on a real project in development (though I can't say more on what and everything else :D ) But I guess its not really what I'ld want to be doing for too long. Maybe 1 year at most. The worst is just the thought of being a contract worker after four years of olaf. Anyways, its good for right now and I'm happy with everything.
Otherwise I've also changed a bunch of my life. As you may already know - I've been going to lifetime fitness for good ol' workouts. That in itself isn't all that new, esp. since I've been training for triathlons for about 3 years now. But this time I'm actually getting up early. I go to bed at 9~9:30pm and get up at 4:45~5am. This way I can go workout before driving the 30mins to work...And this without getting into a traffic jam. Oh, and I get in early to work...Which looks good and helps me get out early (though I don't really mind working longer). So yeah, that's the big change...I'm trying to be more responsible. I have no clue how long I can keep up with this schedule, but I really do like it so far. The only problem is that when I get home, I'm way tired and hungry. And because I'm tired I just sit down in front of the TV and then go to bed. Food? - Yeah, I try...I frequently fall on the way to the kitchen 5ft away, and end up waking up the next day (yeah, I fall right back on the couch and end up sleeping in it till 3am...ooops). Anyways, it seems that living alone really can be hard. But I have good friends and though I may feel as something is missing, life as a single out of college ain't all that bad. But it sure sucks that all the girls I get to know have a committed relationship, taking the wind out of the sail even before the ship sets out to sea. One day though, I'm sure I'll find someone...LOL, right! I'ld be surprised if I find anybody suitable for me around here. I'm way too different...and as it appears the ones that are the best I kick out of my life. Whatever! I have fun as it is :-P
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment