The week started out really cool with a trip to the science museum with Katie, Christian, Tom, and Bridget. We watched the movie "Hurricane on the Bayou" and then visited the Race exhibition. The movie was very intriguing and the exhibition eye opening on how many people struggle with personal identity. It reminded of the issues I had during my time in Japan and Germany...
Then on Monday I happened to visit Penn Cycle. This is where the downfall started. Looking at those nice race bikes and knowing that I want to do a 50mile team bike race I ventured further than usual and asked about prices and performance of various bikes. Well, now all I can say is that I have the bike I've been dreaming of, but I also spent too much money on it. Its a sweet bike, but then with the snow I doubt that I'll be able to take it out on a spin for another couple of months :(. Here is a pic of the bike:

While I'm happy about the purchase of this awesome bike, this puts me in a financial crunch...I'm going to have to count every penny I spend this year.
I also signed up for the Lifetime Triathlon Olympic distance. This again is quite a step that will pave the path on how I'll be spending a lot of my time in the future. No more spending money and lots more workout. At least this will work as a motivator to get my butt in gear.
Then to the worst part of the week. I took up a position as the safety coordinator at work starting this year. There are no real benefits in doing this except for that I get to change things in the labs that pertain to making things more safe and the like. I had to do something I really wasn't hoping to do...I don't think that it hurt my coworkers reputation, but it wasn't a decision that was received with much joy, but rather anger and suspicion. I can't go much into details but I hope they understand the overall importance and follow up on it so that I don't have to do it again.
Well, that sums it up I guess. No workouts this week, but starting next week I'll have to build up a workout routine and stick with it...ugh...the fun starts now!
Now I have three bikes...here they are:
The new member of the family: Trek Madone 5.2
Motobecane Nemesis: my good ol' tri buddy
Trek 4900 alpha: haven't used it for a while, but the Chippewa triathlon will push it to its limits.



4 comments:
dang! THREE bikes? can you ship one of those to me in japan? i have a bike i bought in japan, and it hardly fits me. i can't wait to get to gaijin-sized things soon! i am done in japan in JULY! booya.
good luck with the training!
isaac
thanks for the advice.. ;P nice bikes! I need one of them!! my bikes are pretty much worth nothing at all! how many hours a month do you plan to exercise?
thanks for the advice.. ;P nice bikes! I need one of them!! my bikes are pretty much worth nothing at all! how many hours a month do you plan to exercise?
Sounds like some weekend. Also, I should really get a bike for myself. I'll try to work it in somewhere.
Post a Comment